Our clients — large or small, for-profit or non-profit — seek our services to help them with leadership training and coaching, staff training, team building, employee engagement strategies, workplace harassment training, conflict resolution, workplace assessments and managerial and executive training.
Regardless of what services we provide, our work always has a positive impact on our client’s bottom line. In these economic times, we create value for our clients — value for their organization, their leaders, their people and their customers.
Leadership Development Through Coaching
A business without a strong leader is like a cart without a horse: without the skills required to lead a team, you can’t achieve your organizational goals. For some people, leadership comes easily. For others, it takes extra effort. Whether you’re a natural born leader or not, working with one of our certified coaches we’ll help you become the leader your organization needs to succeed.
New Quest Coaching & Consulting has close to 20 years of experience in providing quality and performance-focused leadership coaching. Our success comes from what separates us from our competition: we don’t advocate one-size-fits-all leadership coaching. Rather, we focus on each client’s unique situation and building a performance-based leadership coaching plan that is connected to clear metrics.
As a result of working with one of our certified leadership coaches:
- Overcome leadership liabilities and fulfill your potential for great leadership
- Develop leadership skills when it comes to addressing conflict, effective communication, team development, improving accountability in your staff, decision-making and more
- Reduce turnover, cultivate teamwork and inspire peak performance from your people
- Chart a decisive career path that is both fulfilling and sustainable
- Fully realize your professional and personal goals
- Balance work, family and personal time — excelling in all areas
- Increase employee engagement
- Improve succession planning skills — creating a culture to support a multi-generational workforce
Leadership coaching is an opportunity for all leaders — managers, directors and executives — to gain insight around their performance and develop the skills necessary to building success in the workplace.
Our Coaching Process
- Discovery Phase
First, we learn as much as possible about our client — you — and the organization you work in, as well as your unique organizational imperatives.
- Assessment Phase
Once the foundation is set, we assess the mitigating factors that may either impede or help you succeed, comparing your strengths and opportunities for change or development. This deep-dive via assessments like Myers Briggs Type Indicator, 360-Degree Assessment, EQ-i 2.0, EQ360 (Emotional Intelligence), one-to-one interviews or others as required helps you understand how your leadership choices, behaviour and beliefs impact your performance.
- Development Phase
After the assessment phase, we create a coaching development plan together, using data gathered from the assessment process and the agreed-upon business goals you’ll be working towards. The coaching plan can span anywhere from three months to a year.
- Coaching Phase
Finally, we begin individual one-to-one coaching where we work with you to achieve your business goals. Throughout the coaching process, we focus on leveraging the assessment results and overcoming organizational challenges in a highly interactive, relational, and client-centered coaching approach.
Contact us to find out how our customized leadership coaching can elevate your performance in the workplace.
The strength of your team is the lifeblood of your business. For your organization to function effectively, it is vital to nurture, cultivate and support your employees’ relationships with their teammates. Our world class team building programs help you do just that.
Effective team building starts with thoughtfully designed programs tailored to the unique individuals within your organization. Forget boring sessions in the conference room — at New Quest Coaching & Consulting, we’re experts in creating team building experiences that employees actually enjoy.
No matter how big or small, your team will come away from our team building programs feeling engaged, inspired and ready to work more effectively together. To learn more about customized team building, contact us today.
Leadership Training & Development
Organizations that invest more in training not only increase profits and productivity, but see increases in customer satisfaction and employee morale.
New Quest Coaching & Consulting’s leadership training and development workshops teach participants a wide variety of skills to adapt and succeed in an ever-changing workplace.
Our leadership workshops and seminars can help your organization by:
- Building high functioning teams.
- Improving overall customer service and satisfaction.
- Reducing conflict in your workplace.
- Attracting, retaining and engaging top talent.
- Developing individual accountability.
- Improving business productivity.
- Improving the attitudes, beliefs, behaviours and expectations of your leaders.
- How to inspire and engage Millennials/Gen Y.
At New Quest Coaching & Consulting, we are committed to developing valuable training content that inspires and engages our leadership participants. We are also committed to ensuring that the skills developed in the workshops will transfer seamlessly back into the workplace, positively impacting your organization’s bottom-line.
At New Quest Coaching & Consulting, we take pride in our client relationships. We are a different type of consulting company that is committed to our clients’ unique needs and to provide them with customized leadership training solutions.
Some of our most popular leadership training seminars and workshops:
- Frontline Supervisor Training
- How to Create Behaviour Change in Your Employees
- WorkSafe BC Bully and Harassment Training
- Creating a Culture of Coaching
- Respectful Workplace Training
- Cultural Training and Diversity Awareness
- From Conflict to High Engagement
- Communication for Leaders
- Understanding and Leading today’s Multi-Generational Workforce
- Building Great Teams
- Leadership 101: Don’t be a jerk!
In-house Customized Leadership Programs
Looking for your own customized leadership program? We offer our clients the opportunity to have their own customized in-house leadership program based upon our successful “Balanced Leader Strategy.” The Balanced Leader Strategy evolved to help our clients address today’s changing labour market which is made up of a very diverse labour group i.e. experience, skills, four distinct generations, gender and a variety of diverse ethnic backgrounds. These changes to the labour market combined with a high demand for skilled labour and effective retention strategies has highlighted that leaders “today” must not only possess the necessary education/certifications, experience, training and technical/process skills, but they must also be equally balanced in their soft leadership skills.
Soft leadership skills are a leader’s ability to apply a situational approach to leadership, a strong focus on coaching, communicate effectively, deal with conflict, hold staff accountable, develop a high functioning multigenerational team/department, create effective behaviour change in staff to support objectives, earn trust and respect and do all of this while achieving the required performance metrics. These specific soft leadership skills can be the foundation for building your own leadership development program designed to meet your specific training requirements.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are looking for something specific or if you are interested in working with us to develop your own training and development program or workshops.
Are you a construction or trades focused company looking for leadership training?
New Quest Coaching & Consulting has a tremendous amount of experience when it comes to designing and implementing customized leadership development training programs and workshops for leaders who work in construction and trades. All of our construction focused leadership training programs are Gold Seal Certified via the Canadian Construction Association’s (CCA). Because our leadership training courses and programs are Gold Seal Certified, it means they meet the CCA’s Canadian Heavy Civil & Construction management professionals expectations and standards of excellence.
At New Quest we are acutely aware that due to such a tight and diverse labour market, the ability for construction companies to attract and retain skilled labour will be an important part of their success with their leaders playing a key role. We also know that construction leaders need to adapt to the new multigenerational workforce and their expectations of leadership and how to retain and engage them. Gone are the days of leaders in the construction industry embracing the leadership style of “my way or the highway.”
Some of the biggest problems on the jobsite do not come from a foreman or managers’ lack of technical skills. Instead the problems stem from their lack of leadership soft skills and the irony is, it is the one area where they have received the least amount of training!
To address the newfound expectations of leaders in the construction industry, we offer two Gold Seal Certified leadership training courses:
- Leadership Skills for Foremen (two days) - The Gold Seal Accredited Frontline Foremen Leadership training course is specifically designed for foremen who want to develop their leadership soft skills. Recognizing that foremen today who lack the required soft leadership skills are going to struggling with many worksite issues like safety concerns, lack of accountability, conflict, ongoing grievances, poor productivity, skilled labour quitting, cost overruns and so on, the Leadership Skills for Foremen training will give participants the necessary leadership skills to not only address these challenges but also look at how to create a high-functioning, safe and productive work crews. To see a detail description of the specific course content please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Leadership Skills for Construction Managers, Project Managers and Superintendents (two days) – Rarely do the majority of problems for Construction Managers, Project Managers and Superintendents originate from their lack of technical skills or years on the job. When looking at working with todays labour force, the simple reality is that the majority of problems occurring on a construction jobsite (or in the office) stem from the Managers and/or the Superintendent lacking the necessary “soft skills” when it comes to managing their foremen i.e. holding them accountable, dealing with conflict, earning their respect, building trust, team building, coaching, effective communication and when necessary how to change the behaviour of their foremen (or office staff) when there is a performance or safety issue. This two-day leadership training session is just what managers and superintendents need in today’s multigenerational labour market to help them retain talent and manage a changing labour force which no longer responds to the “old style of construction leadership.” To see a detailed description of the specific course content please do not hesitate to contact us.
New Quest Coaching & Consulting has taught over one thousand construction and trades focused leaders and has received an astonishing near 100% satisfaction from ever participant evaluation!
Looking for something different? We can also work with your organization to create your own customized leadership (or staff) training program and we will be more than happy to ensure that is also becomes Gold Seal certified.
The ability to adapt in an ever-changing workplace can dictate an organization’s success. That’s why ongoing skills training and development is a critical part of any business strategy. At New Quest Coaching & Consulting, our staff training and development workshops teach participants to be agile and to take an active role in driving success — for themselves, their teams and their organizations.
Our staff training workshops can help your organization by:
- Building high functioning teams
- Improving overall customer service and satisfaction
- Reducing conflict in your workplace
- Attracting, retaining and engaging top talent
- Developing individual accountability
- Improving business productivity and profitability
- Improving the attitudes, beliefs, behaviours and expectations of your leaders
New Quest is not your standard consulting company. We take pride in our client relationships and we understand that every organization has different needs. We’re committed to providing customized staff training solutions that fit your unique business goals, wherever and whenever you need it.
Staff training topics include: understanding workplace bullying and harassment, managing conflict, time management, goal setting, customer service, communication, and how employees can contribute to a positive workplace environment. Most workshops can be completed in a half- or one-day format.
Choose from our most popular staff training seminars and workshops below, or let us work with you to develop your own.
Communication Strategies for Workplace Success
Communication is truly the Achilles’ Heel for employees, teams and leaders. To be heard clearly, staff need to be highly competent in the use of verbal and non-verbal techniques that deliver an accurate message. Miscommunication amongst staff can lead to a host of problems including increased conflicts, low morale, lower productivity and upset customers. We developed this training to give participants the opportunity to develop and enhance their communication skills using active listening techniques, strategies for how to receive and give effective feedback, and the use of nonverbal strategies to ensure a successful and high functioning workplace.
Understanding and Reducing Workplace Bullying and Harassment
Changes to the WorkSafe BC regulations now require that all organizations must be committed to maintaining a safe, respectful and productive work environment, free from bullying and harassment. The key to creating a workplace free from discrimination, bullying or harassment is providing ongoing staff education and training in these areas.
New Quest Coaching & Consulting offers a variety of different training workshops for preventing bullying and harassment in the workplace. We offer a three-hour “team building” workshop where we focus on your organizations respectful workplace policy with a focus on the bullying and harassment section. We also provide quick, one-hour onsite training sessions or one-hour online interactive training. Regardless of what training works best for you, participants will:
- Learn the correct definition of workplace bullying and harassment.
- Be able to recognize workplace bullying and harassment when it occurs.
- Be able to identify behaviours that do not constitute bullying and harassment.
- Look at their own organization’s respectful workplace policy and be able to describe the duties of employers, supervisors, and workers, with respect to workplace bullying and harassment.
- Know what to do if they see or experience workplace bullying and harassment.
Hunting the Elephant
This specific conflict training is one of our most popular workshops.
Everyone in the workplace knows about the elephant in the room. Yet, in most organizations, departments or teams, leaders and employees pretend the elephant isn’t there. Sound familiar? The elephant in the room — that obvious issue that remains ignored and unresolved — is one of the biggest causes of workplace conflict and ineffective teams/departments. It can create silos, cause stress to your staff, and can foster a culture of fear where employees are afraid to voice their concerns. The elephant is why some organizations experience disrespectful behaviour from staff and leaders alike, which ends up creating problems throughout the entire company.
This engaging, humorous and practical staff workshop is all about providing the necessary tools/skills for successfully hunting the elephant — that is, reducing conflict no matter where it exists in your organization, team or department. We create value for participants by giving them the necessary tools to reduce conflict, clear up miscommunications, resolve tension, create win-win scenarios and ensure each interaction is done in a respectful manner.
Research shows that, in most circumstances, when staff are equipped with fundamental communication techniques, it is easy to reduce conflict and create opportunities to have respectful communication, even in moments of frustration and tension. The key to successfully hunting the elephant and reducing conflict is to ensure that staff are having direct, objective and respectful conversations on a daily basis, both with their peers and across the organization.
Time Management: From Myth to Reality
The most important and valuable commodity is your time. If you have more time, then the goals that are fundamental to your success can become a confident and do-able reality. But to move from the myth of time management to the reality of effective time management, you need to take an honest look at how you organize and respond to the endless requests, to-do lists and goals that eat up your day.
This highly interactive and popular time management training gives participants powerful and practical tools to help them organize and effectively use their most valuable commodity: time.
Customer Service Training
When we ask our clients how important customer satisfaction is to growing their business, most tell us that it is fundamental to their success. However, when we start to look at changing demographics, increased competition and the advent of social media, we believe that ensuring a customer is “satisfied” is no longer enough. To truly reap the benefits of customer satisfaction (loyalty and advocacy), staff must commit to going beyond merely “satisfied.”
This customer service training workshop looks at how to develop loyal customers who are so emotionally engaged that they have an attachment beyond reason to the company’s brand. Your competition can copy product, price and process, but they can’t copy how your staff make your customers feel. The solution to developing loyal customers is to help your staff understand just how important their role is in the customer journey — and in turn, the success of the company. Our customer service training workshops can literally be what sets your business apart from your competitors.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) and Communicating for Success
As we are fond at saying at New Quest, the Achilles’ heel of any organization is communication. Miscommunication (or lack of communication) between employees, or between leaders and their staff, leads to conflict, lack of productivity, upset customers, lower moral and ongoing frustration.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) has helped millions of people worldwide gain insights about themselves and how they interact with each other and their clients to help them improve how they communicate, learn, and work. It provides a powerful communication framework for building better relationships, driving positive change, harnessing innovation and achieving excellence.
The Myers-Briggs assessment is the world’s most trusted personality assessment because it is:
- Easy to grasp, insightful, and thought provoking.
- Reliable and valid, backed by ongoing global research and development investment.
- Backed by excellent support and guidance through New Quest Coaching & Consulting facilitators/coaches.
In this powerful MBTI workshop, participants will learn to recognize that everyone on their team has different preferences for how they take in and evaluate information. They will learn that effective communication means presenting different kinds of information in different ways, depending in who they’re interacting with. Participants will discover their own MBTI Type and learn how to use it as a powerful resource for addressing ongoing communication challenges and reducing conflict.
Looking for something specific, or interested in developing your own training and development workshops? Reach out to learn more about customized staff training programs.
Are you looking for a great keynote presentation or workshop that is not only entertaining, inspiring and filled with energy and humour, but also speaks to the challenges and opportunities that exist for your organization in these dynamic and changing times?
Are your leaders or staff faced with increasing pressure and looking for ways to do more with less in these tough economic times?
Do you wonder what is going on with today’s young workforce and how at times it seems there is a huge disconnect between the different generations in your organization?
Consider having Shane Jensen or Sasja Nieukerk deliver an inspiring and engaging presentation to your organization or as panelists at your next conference.
Both Shane and Sasja are renowned for their dynamic presentations that motivate, inspire and tackle the challenges that today’s businesses, leaders and staff are facing. Shane and Sasja are in-demand presenters that have spoken to countless associations and organizations in both the private and public sectors. Their ability to understand and engage the young emerging workforce (Generation Y/Millennials) along with their experience in working with senior leaders and baby boomers make them perfect candidates to provide you with knowledge and solutions on how to engage your workforce.
Our most popular and inspiring keynotes:
- The Multigenerational Client: How to communicate effectively to build trust and rapport
- The Age of Distraction
- Leadership, it seems so simple
- Why conflict really exists in your organization
Our relentless commitment to staying abreast of ever-changing workforce dynamics means that we are constantly updating and developing our keynotes to ensure they are fresh, relevant and unique.
Click here to read what previous participants have said about our keynotes.
Invite Shane and Sasja to speak at your organization. Contact us to learn more about our inspiring keynotes.
Here are some highlights:
Your business is an ever-changing, always-evolving organism. As leader, it’s up to you to adapt or get left behind. New Quest Coaching & Consulting understands the process of change management that’s necessary to an organization’s success. With our expert consulting programs, we provide personalized and sustainable development strategies that will ensure the longevity of your business.
Consulting isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach, nor is it a one-time event. It’s an ongoing process of planning, development and improvement that must be integrated into every facet of your organization. Our world class consulting service will propel your organization to create extraordinary, collaborative team performances — today and for the future. We do this by:
- Working with the leadership team, strategically and collectively, to realize vision and goal achievement
- Developing tactical action plans to close the gaps and eliminate barriers for achieving individual, team or organizational goals
- Introducing compelling human resource strategies
- Assessing or diagnosing group or team issues, and facilitating new and existing team development
- Providing strategic planning support, facilitation and retreats
- Managing an employee engagement survey program, and ensuring the development and implementation of all aspects related to the survey (including collection of data, communication of results and action plan)
- Supporting performance change objectives to ensure the alignment of company vision, mission, values, success factors, culture and strategies, including the design and development of structures and human resource programs
To achieve your organizational goals, you need a clear plan for how to get there. But most “traditional” strategic planning processes use a generic, one-size-fits-all model. Instead of being used as a tool to guide growth, the final strategic planning document is filed away never to be seen again until the next planning session. At New Quest Coaching & Consulting, we’re not trying to fit you into a box — we take the time to learn what makes your company unique.
Where other consultants take a cookie-cutter approach that doesn’t take your unique situation into account, we look at the bigger picture to customize a strategic planning project specific to you. This allows for the flexibility and focus required to create an effective strategic plan for your business or organization. When you work with us, you get what we call a “living document”: a customized strategic plan that works and one you’ll want to use on a regular basis to help guide your organization towards success.
Our highly skilled facilitators combined with our in-depth experience of providing strategic planning projects for a variety of industries including non-profit organizations and boards, means that we can create a strategic plan that will meet the specific needs of your organization.
Contact us to find out how our strategic planning services can transform your outlook for success.